Vegan Valentine’s Day Dessert: Raspberry Chocolate Truffles
Prep: 15 minutes
Yields: 11-12 truffles
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
1/2 cup of oats
1/2 cup of raw
/2 cup of semi frozen raspberries
1/2 tbsp of honey
1/2 tsp of vanilla bean extract
7 ounces of dark chocolate (2 bars)
Freeze dried raspberry crumb (can use chopped nuts or shredded coconuts)
1. In a food processor grind up the cashews and oats. Add the raspberries, honey and vanilla extract. Blend for a few minutes until you get a smooth pink mixture as on the picture above.
2. With your hands roll the mixture into rough small balls (it’s easier if your hands are wet, it won’t feel that sticky). Don’t try to make them perfect, you can shape the balls after. Place them on a parchment paper sheet and then leave them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until they are firm.
3. Once they are firm and not sticky, take them out and roll them into balls.
4. Melt the chocolate, using a double boiler and dip each of the balls in it, covering it with the chocolate. Place them back on the parchment paper and top them with the raspberry crumb while the chocolate is still warm so that it can stick.
5. Place them back in the freezer for another 20-30 minutes or until the chocolate is completely dry and firm.
*Recipe from myfoodandhappiness.com*